211 Care Coordinator
United Way of Greater Cincinnati
Posted Date: 11/07/2022
Apply to be 211 Care Coordinator for the United Way of Greater Cincinnati today!
211 Care Coordinator Job Summary
The 211 Care Coordinator assists residents in connecting to social service support by assessing needs and also making referrals within a network of partnering organizations.
211 Care Coordinator Job Description
The Care Coordinator will provide a broad-based human services needs assessment; make referrals within the referral platform; collect and record appropriate data on referrals; and follow up to ensure referrals are utilized and complete. The Care Coordination function is flexible and also responsive to changing community needs. As such, the Coordinator’s focus may change to meet new external and United Way opportunities, initiatives, and programs to support community members.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist community members by assessing needs in a compassionate method and providing referrals for immediate and intermediate needs through a network of key community partners. Referrals will be made primarily through a technology platform. The Care Coordinator is also responsible for tracking when partners accept or decline referrals, when agencies contact residents, and when services are provided. The Care Coordinator will be a diligent advocate, connecting County residents with organizations to meet their needs.
- Collect and also record data on types of referrals made, demographics of residents receiving care coordination, and agency responses to referrals for use in daily and weekly statistical and activity reports.
- Participate with the Director of Community Connections and members of the United Way staff to assess and also improve Care Coordination program operations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in human service or related field desired.
- One year of work experience in human service field and previous experience in social service interviewing is desirable.
- Listening and communication skills and writing skills.
- Knowledge of community resources is preferred.
- Must be able to work closely with others.
- Foster a workable, effective and productive relationship with other staff, administration, volunteers, agencies and also community members.
- Call center office environment.
Job also includes competitive benefits package.
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022
For more information or to apply: