Business Operations Specialist
Gateway Community & Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Posted Date: 06/13/2022
Gateway Community & Technical College invites applications for a Business Operations Specialist. This full-time position coordinates the collection, billing, and maintenance of student account receivables. They will uphold strict and complex financial and confidentiality standards in a respectful and customer-focused manner.
Anticipated start date: July 2022
• Focuses on Business Office operations involving Student Financial Accounts.
• Assists with student invoicing, cash receipts of tuition and fees, receivables, refunds, and return collection.
• Problem-solving with the Financial Aid team on questions related to the posting of Financial Aid.
• Personally calls outstanding student accounts to resolve issues in hopes of leading to a collection of outstanding tuition, maintaining headcount, and supporting retention efforts.
• Leads collection efforts following legal, acceptable practices.
• Assists in building, balancing, invoicing, and collecting Third Party Contacts from the companies we serve.
• Reconciles daily cash receipts and prepares bank deposits.
• Confirms closing reports and transactions from the previous business day for accuracy.
• Daily deposits of misc. cash collection and preparation of paperwork for the correct journal entry.
• Procurement card operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related, or equivalent.
• One year of relevant experience.
• Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
• Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
• Ability to communicate clearly verbally and, in writing.
• Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
• Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
• Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
• Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
• 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
• Employee Assistance Program
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: