Career and Student Outreach Specialist
Gateway Community & Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Posted Date: 06/22/2022
Gateway Community & Technical College invites applications for a Career and Student Outreach Specialist. The full-time staff position will serve as a generalist in the area of inclusion, career services, and may assist in but not limited to the following areas: support programs and services for the counseling department, support programs and services for the diversity office, and serve as the Early Alert manager in the counseling department.
Anticipated start date: August 2022
The initial review of applicants will begin 2 weeks from the position posting day. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
• Serve as the department Early Alert Manager by providing case management for non-academic barrier services and assist with sending Starfish referrals to staff within the counseling department.
• Conduct counseling services intake appointments as needed by providing outreach, solution-focused support services, process referrals for students, coordinate appointments, and establish external partnerships for the department as needed to enhance services.
• Assist with the diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) center’s daily operations by facilitating engaging programs and offer services to historically underserved and marginalized student communities in the college, including workshops, training, support groups, peer mentoring, student organizations, and other unique programs.
• Collect data for DEI services offered and conduct reports as needed.
• Assist with evaluating the diversity, equity, and inclusion center.
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Diversity and Inclusion, Counseling, Social Work, Human Services, Career Services, Higher Education, Organizational Leadership, or related field.
• One year of relevant experience.
• Experience coordinating and/or offering services related to career services, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Higher education experience preferred.
• Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
• Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of working with a diverse student population in a community college or university setting.
• Knowledge of offering career services and program development for underrepresented and marginalized student communities.
• Ability to present to different populations about sensitive topics.
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
• Ability to communicate clearly verbally and, in writing.
• Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
• Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
• Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
• Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
• 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
• Employee Assistance Program
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: