Construction Crew Leader 2022-2023
Habitat for Humanity Cincinnati
4910 Para Drive
Cincinnati OH 45237
Job Type: Apprenticeship, Full-Time
Posted Date: 07/19/2022
Applications are being accepted for Habitat for Humanity Construction, an AmeriCorps Position.
Tentative start – Summer 2022 or open until filled
For one year, you can get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands-on experience and prepare for your future. This full-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others. Apply for Habitat for Humanity Construction today!
- Typically serve Tuesday – Saturday on the building site.
- Assist with all aspects of hands-on construction tasks including demolition, site prep, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping.
- Projects may include new construction, rehabilitation, critical home repair and weatherization projects.
- Lead small groups of volunteers and facilitate safe and positive experiences for everyone working on site.
- Maintain site safety by adhering to Habitat construction safety policies, modeling best practices and guidelines, volunteer instruction and site monitoring.
- Use volunteer management techniques to facilitate positive experiences for volunteers and homeowner families working on site.
- Collaborate with construction staff to identify skilled, enthusiastic volunteers.
- Provide on-site orientations and safety talks to groups of volunteers and homeowner families.
- Help with materials management on site and at the local Habitat warehouse and storage trailers.
- Pick up and organize materials needed for projects.
- Setup and cleanup project sites.
- Maintain site logs for each project to assess progress and next steps.
- Participate in regular planning, safety committee and debriefing meetings.
- Assist with the Rock the Block event by assisting with material organization, project pre-work, leading a site or being part of a truck team.
- Participate in larger community projects, such as lot cleanups, community gardens, etc.
- Attend and participate in select Habitat organization events.
- Segal Education Award of $6,495, upon successful completion of service.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave — about 10 days total.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Childcare benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent residents.
- At least 18 or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of and desire to promote the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation.
- Experience working as a member of a larger team.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to drive large pickup trucks (or desire to learn).
- Previous experience with a residential homebuilder or as a construction AmeriCorps member.
- Experience with power tools.
- Knowledge of community development practices.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: