Dean of Business, IT and Professional Studies
Gateway Community & Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Posted Date: 09/01/2022
Gateway Community & Technical College invites applications for the Dean of Business, IT and Professional Studies. This full-time staff position will provide leadership and strategic vision for all programs within the Business, IT, and Professional Studies division.
Anticipated start date: January 2023
The initial review of applicants will begin two weeks from position posting day. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
• Leadership and direct supervision of full and part-time faculty within the division, including an annual evaluation of full-time faculty through the Performance Planning and Evaluation process and faculty promotion.
• Collaborates with the program coordinators in the division on diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, academic curriculum design, evaluation of the academic course and program effectiveness, student learning outcomes assessment, and management of operating budgets.
• Collaborates with the four other academic divisions and e-Learning to develop a cohesive, student-centered schedule of course offerings.
• Is an active participant on the Academic Leadership Team and internal committees. Works with internal and external stakeholders to further the transfer mission of the college.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Certifications, and Licenses:
• Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, discipline found within the college or equivalent.
• Two years of relevant experience
• Minimum one year of supervisory experience, minimum of five years preferred
• Academic curriculum design, evaluation, and program effectiveness.
• Work with students from diverse populations and cross-functional teams
• Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
• Ability to communicate verbally and, in writing.
• Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
• Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
Gateway Community & Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree-granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region – part of the Greater Cincinnati Region and is Northern Kentucky’s only public, accredited, comprehensive two-year institution. Gateway offers high-quality, targeted education to meet students’ personal and professional needs and contribute to the region’s economic development.
Gateway engages, connects, and inspires all students through education, to successfully champion our region’s competitive workforce and improve their quality of life.
Gateway offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
• Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
• Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
• 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
• Employee Assistance Program
Gateway is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution. We are committed to creating a campus environment that values the exploration, appreciation, and celebration of diversity while promoting inclusiveness, multiculturalism, and global awareness.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: