Director, Human Resources
Greater Cincinnati Foundation
720 E. Pete Rose Way, Suite 120
Cincinnati OH 45202
Posted Date: 06/30/2022
We are looking for a talented HR leader to join our dynamic non-profit organization based in Cincinnati. The successful candidate will be a leading partner in driving our culture, development and learning within GCF in support of our mission, values and our focus on racial equity. The HR leader will be a key business partner to all leaders in the organization and will regularly interact with key members of the leadership team.
They will apply HR tools and best practices to address strategic management challenges while ensuring the effective implementation of HR processes consistently throughout the organization. The leader will need to combine both high-level thinking and hands-on practical implementation. They will also need to be an integrative personalities with exceptional communication skills and a passion for our mission.
They must have the ability to bring teams together to efficiently solve problems and execute key initiatives. The HR Director reports to the CFO, is the leader of the HR/Facilities team and the Office Administrator directly reports to this position.
I. Recruiting and Onboarding
• Own Recruiting processes and execution with emphasis on supporting DEI initiatives.
• Collaborates with departmental managers to understand the skills and competencies required for openings.
• Advertising job postings, sourcing candidates, and screening applicants.
• Work closely with hiring managers to coordinate and maximize recruiting results – both speed and quality of hire.
• Lead internship programs and develop critical relationships with university partners.
II. Employee Relations and Employee Engagement
• Utilize tools to measure employee engagement and satisfaction to improve workplace practices
• Develop and update HR policies, procedures, and employee handbook.
• Lead employee program development, including Wellness, Culture Clubs, and Company events.
• Learn HR systems and processes already in place and take action to maximize their utilization.
• Coach and counsel across all levels of management to improve organizational effectiveness.
• Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
• Support an environment of health, safety, and wellness through activities, programs, and engagement.
III. Compensation and Benefits
• Working with the accounting and finance team, managing the company compensation and benefits programs, maintaining structures and staying on top of competitive pay and retention practices.
• Assist in the annual group health coverage evaluation and implementation of changes.
• Assist with the administration of the company’s retirement savings plan.
• Overall management of compensation, payroll and benefits programs and processes.
IV. HR Strategy and Culture
• Implement HR programs and processes supporting the GCF culture and our growth initiatives.
• Develop strategies and metrics supporting the development and retention of GCF staff.
• Work with the executive team to identify needed staffing levels, required experience and timing of key hires
V. Compliance and Systems
• Ensures legal compliance with various governmental laws and regulations covering labor relations, OSHA, EEOC, safety, wage and hour, and workers’ compensation. Provides counsel/advice and guidance to staff and management on legal and regulated matters to mitigate liability.
VI. Facilitation, Training and Employee Development
• Providing new employees with a detailed orientation to help them transition to the GCF culture.
• Provide leadership training and professional development in support of talent strategies.
• Partner with senior leadership in the development of new talent strategies.
• Both create and implement effective talent development and performance management processes. Develop and implement performance management tools and associated tracking
• Develop HR-related training and education programs, ensuring professional delivery consistently across the organization
VII. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
• Partner with senior leaders responsible for leading the development, implementation, measurement and monitoring of our organization’s DEI strategic plans and best practices. Together develop and execute training initiatives and initiate practices that promote and retain a diverse workforce, increase our level of employee engagement, and ensure equitable practices across GCF.
• Work with Senior leadership to refine and keep current our guiding principles in support of our DEI initiatives.
• Be innovative in identifying new solutions and programs to support our inclusive work environment, improving on key DEI metrics.
• Supervise office administrator and indirectly oversee the receptionist.
• Work with outside HR consultants in the delivery of programs when specialized knowledge and experience are required
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of overall prior work experience with a minimum of five years of hands-on HR leadership and talent development experience.
• Experience working within a fast-paced and growing organization with lean HR resources.
• Have a demonstrated record of supporting organizational growth through innovative and practical HR solutions.
• Experienced in DEI best practices, process management, continuous improvement and change management preferred.
• The successful candidate must have a broad-based understanding of organizational development and the impact of their actions on all parts of the organization.
• Must quickly learn the organization, people, and priorities.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Possesses courage to provide candid feedback to executive/senior management on decisions and or practices, so that the overall employment experience of the GCF Staff is maximized.
• Make timely decisions; be proactive; readily understand organization HR challenges; develop solutions that effectively address problems.
• Must have exceptional decision-making skills.
• Must have a history of teaching and developing others.
• Undergraduate degree is required. A current HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, and/or CPC) is preferred but not required.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: