Manager of Guest Services & Hospitality
Taft Museum of Art
316 Pike Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
Posted Date: 05/04/2022
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer & Deputy Director
Status: Exempt/Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Shift: Wednesday-Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., including occasional nights/weekends
Compensation: Starting at a minimum of $45,000 annually, competitive, and commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health Care Insurance, 401K, Dental Care, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Aflac, vacation days, personal days, sick days, free downtown parking, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), museum membership, and other special discounts.
Condition of Employment: Full vaccination against COVID-19
The Taft Museum of Art, located in downtown Cincinnati, is seeking a full-time Manager of Guest Services professional, reporting to the CFO. This position requires a positive, highly organized team player who communicates proactively, is attentive to detail, manages multiple priorities, and has excellent communication and collaborative skills to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests. Enjoy this rare opportunity to join the staff of one of the finest small art museums in the United States.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer & Deputy Director, the Manager of Guest Services (MGS) is responsible for the operation of the Lindner Café, Museum Shop, and Admissions. The MGS plans, directs, and coordinates all activities relating to the museum’s delivery of an exceptional guest experience.
- Leads and manages the guest services team.
- Establishes lead performance metrics for the café, admissions, gift shop and guest services team to measure efficacy and adjust performance.
- Acts as the museum’s “expert in residence” on guest service.
- Provides leadership and training for staff as the museum’s certified SafeServ manager to ensure compliance with all local and state health codes.
- Oversees and delivers on museum service level standards for the café, admissions, and Museum Shop.
- Creates and implements policies and procedures to ensure an exceptional guest experience in the café, admissions and the gift shop.
- Leads and controls the daily workflow of the department to improve processes and increase revenue.
- Records, assesses, and analyzes guest feedback for the gift shop, admissions, and café, to align with the Museum’s Wildly Important Goals (WIG).
- Leads and controls the safe delivery of an efficient, exceptional, and fiscally responsible food service anywhere the museum provides food and beverages.
- Acts as a liaison between the guest services department and other departments in the museum.
- Submits all financial reports, receipts, and other vital documents to the appropriate departments accurately and on time.
- Reconciles all payroll issues with finance including timesheets, tips, and 1099 contractors.
- Ensures all guest service vendors are compliant with the museum’s standards for work they are conducting on the Taft’s premises.
- Attends and leads the weekly guest services team meetings.
- Conducts the daily pre-opening meeting and communicates the current museum activities that may impact guest services.
- Assumes other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or similar field preferred. Five years of related experience in retail-shop sales, guest services, and cafe/restaurant sales required.
- Floor supervision experience in a restaurant, country club, museum setting, or similar venue.
- Proven successful sales experience in guest services.
- Experience creating, designing, and producing a variety of engaging activities for guest services.
Capabilities and Skills:
- The capacity and capability to deliver an exceptional experience for guests and staff to encourage retention, referrals, membership, and sponsors.
- Ability to meet revenue and cost targets while at the same time providing an excellent guest experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving presentations.
- Ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines by prioritizing required work.
- Calm and professional demeanor under pressure and an ability to effectively resolve complaints.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexible and decisive, and possess expert knowledge of guest services.
- Experienced in leveraging staff talents to deliver goals efficiently and effectively.
- Very strong skills in Microsoft Office. Experience with Square-Restaurant, Square-Retail and Ticketing software.
- Will be present on museum premises in a supervisory capacity while open to the public and attends events as required for other after-hours activities.
- Ability to sit at a desk and use a computer for extended periods.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Speaks English
- Reliable transportation and a driver’s license are required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. Please submit only through our online portal at taftmuseum.org/Careers. Our team will review your information, and we will get back to you, we promise, with the next steps. If you have questions, please email Human Resources at HRAdmin@taftmuseum.org. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: