Patient Care Assistant (PCA) - Student Nurse
Cincinnati Children's Hospital
3333 Burnet Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45229
Compensation: $15.00 - $20.63
Posted Date: 11/02/2022
Apply to be a Patient Care Assistant (PCA) or Student Nurse at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
“This isn’t just your job – it is your calling. Driven by care and backed by science, we can help you answer that call for every family, every child, and every future.”
Cincinnati Children’s is an internationally renowned, world-class medical center! You’re invited to join our team to begin your journey to achieving a career that makes you feel fulfilled.
- Named an LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Top Performer in 2020 by The Human Rights Campaign
- Named to Forbes 2021 list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity
- Ranked by Newsweek as among the “World’s Best Hospitals 2021”
- Ranked by Glassdoor as one of only four hospitals on the “Best Places to Work 2022 List”
At Cincinnati Children’s, we work toward one goal: improving children’s health. We believe in a team approach to caring for patients and their families and advancing science and discovery. We strive to improve and find energy and inspiration in our shared purpose. If you want to be the best you can be, you can do it at Cincinnati Children’s.
Patient Care Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Help the professional staff with one or multiple patients in direct and indirect patient care activities.
- Assist the professional staff in providing 1:1 direct observation and re-direction to patients presenting with an immediate safety concern, including but not limited to suicidal ideation, flight risk, aggressive behavior, traumatic brain injury, removal of lines/drains/ airways, harmful to self, patients with social concerns; or to specifically monitor patients with an External Cerebrospinal Ventricular Drain (EVD). To provide support and appropriate intervention to patients classified as an Employee Safety Risk (ESR).
- Monitor patients by way of the live video feed and physiologic waveforms.
- Follow the algorithm to notify staff of urgent/emergent situations.
- Provide direct patient care as delegated by the nurse.
- Provide environmental support through unit stocking, cleaning and organizing.
Patient Care Assistant Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No directly related experience.
- Listed on Ohio STNA registry, or CNA in another state; must receive reciprocity within 180 days of hire OR listed on Ohio Emergency Medical Services Registry.
- Competitive progressive salary scale with shift differential
- Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, & vision coverage (effective on your first day), pension plan, and tuition reimbursement (Bachelor’s and Masters) & expanded tuition program for certain certificate programs
- New Critical Care Building! It added 632,500 square feet and 249 new beds (including 12 ICU overflow beds).
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: