POSITION: Prep Cook and Kitchen Utility
Taft Museum of Art
316 Pike Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
Compensation: $15-20 per hour
Posted Date: 05/10/2022
- Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
- Shift: Shifts available Wednesday–Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., including occasional nights/weekends
- Compensation: Starting at $15 per hour, competitive, and commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Aflac, free downtown parking, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), museum membership, and other special discounts.
- Condition of Employment: Full vaccination against COVID-19
Required Education and Experience:
• Education: Formal culinary training or demonstrable on-the-job training to meet job requirements. Level 1 food safety qualification (or willingness to attain within 90 days of employment).
• Job Experience: Experience of high-volume prep in a similar kitchen setting; experience of working independently as an opening or closing person, or an ability to demonstrate this independence from other experiences.
• Physical Demands: Lifting, carrying, and reaching stock shelves at least 5’ in height and up to 50lbs.; pushing or pulling more than 50lbs.; standing for 5 hours at a time. Ability to use a step ladder to reach items. Ability to work with knives, ovens, and kitchen equipment.
• Computer: Must be able to clock-in and out and access basic information such as a schedule through a computer.
• Kitchen: Demonstrates an ability to carry out safe food preparation consistently and efficiently, including cleaning, cutting, heating, cooking, mixing, and refrigerating a range of different foods.
• Teamwork: Works cooperatively as part of a wider kitchen team, and often supports the overall success of the team independently by ensuring required preparation work is completed prior to the Chef or Line Cook’s arrival. A positive, can-do attitude. Works well with others to create an inclusive work environment.
• Initiative: Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving.
• Customer Service: Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
• Communication: Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. Please submit only through our online portal at taftmuseum.org/Careers. Our team will review your information, and we will get back to you, we promise, with the next steps. If you have questions, please email Human Resources at HRAdmin@taftmuseum.org. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: