Water, energy, utility, mortgage, and property tax assistance for Hamilton County residents
Help to pay Duke bills, help with the electric bill or energy utility assistance
Financial assistance to avoid water and sewer shut off
Mortgage assistance or help paying your mortgage in Hamilton County
Assistance for past due Hamilton County property tax bills
The Hamilton County Mortgage, Property Tax & Utility Program helps income-eligible residents to pay past due water, sewer and energy utility bills, mortgages and property taxes. Although the Hamilton County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) is not accepting applications due to funding, homeowner assistance is still available and accepting applications.
Are you a renter looking for assistance? Check out these mortgage, rent, and utility assistance programs plus shelters and home repair services.
Eligibility for Hamilton County Mortgage, Property Tax and Water, Sewer and Energy Utility Assistance:
- Owner-occupied residence is located in Hamilton County, Ohio
- Past-due mortgage, property tax, water/sewer and/or utility bills
- Household income at or below 300% FPL
- An active and accessible email address
- Applicants must have an established connection to the property and be their primary residence (second homes, rental properties, Airbnb, and other similar housing types are not eligible for assistance)
Maximum Allowable Income and 300% Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
|Number of People in Household||1||2||3||4||5||6|
Hamilton County Mortgage and Property Tax Assistance:
- Funds may be used to pay up to six months of past-due mortgage payments dating back to March 1, 2020
- Mortgage payments will be made directly to the mortgage servicer
- Property tax payments will be made directly to the Hamilton County Treasurer’s Office
Hamilton County Water, Sewer and Energy Utility Assistance:
- Funds may be used to pay up to six months of past-due water, sewer and energy utility bills dating back to March 1, 2020, and up to three months of future bills incurred by the applicant
- Water, sewer and energy utility payments will be made to the utility
Required Documents for Hamilton County Mortgage, Property Tax and Water, Sewer and Energy Utility Assistance:
Requirements for mortgage, property tax and water, sewer and energy utility assistance and payments in Hamilton County:
- An active and accessible email address
- Current income documentation (pay stub, tax return, unemployment statement)
- Water, sewer and/or energy utility bill showing name, address, account number and amount past due
- Statement from mortgage holder showing name, address, account number and amount past due
- Statement from the Hamilton County Treasurer’s Office name, address and amount past due
How to apply for Hamilton County Mortgage, Property Tax and Water, Sewer and Energy Utility Assistance:
Complete the online application, attach all necessary verifications, sign the form electronically and submit the application as instructed. Applicants will be contacted via e-mail and phone to complete eligibility determination and processing of applications.
A virtual agent is available at the bottom of each page for immediate answers. Call United Way 211 or email [email protected] for assistance completing the application and more information.
About the Hamilton County Mortgage, Property Tax and Water, Sewer and Energy Utility Assistance:
Hamilton County is assisting homeowners in avoiding utility shutoffs and foreclosure. Funds are distributed by the application process described in this communication. The program will run until the funds are exhausted.
Hamilton County Mortgage, Property Tax and Water, Sewer and Energy Utility Assistance image provided by © [Prostock-studio] /Adobe Stock.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.