Forest Park Police Department
1201 West Kemper Road
Forest Park OH 45240
Compensation: $63,389.54 - $89,052.75
Posted Date: 10/31/2023
Apply today as a Police Officer for the Forest Park Police Department.
About Forest Park Police Department
The Forest Park Police Department consists of thirty-seven sworn officers who respond to more than 30,000 calls for service annually. The members of the Forest Park Police Department are committed to resolving community concerns through effective problem-solving and communication skills. The patrol officers are augmented by an investigations section, full-time school officers, canine officers, bike patrol officers, and community service officers.
The Forest Park Police Department also has a complement of officers assigned to a regional SWAT team and the Under Water Search and Recovery Team. The department participates in the regional drug task force and the heroin task force. In addition to sworn personnel, the Forest Park Police Department employs a civilian workforce that provides various support services to police officers and the community.
Forest Park Police Officers are responsible for maintaining law and order, investigating crimes, and protecting life and property by enforcing the laws and ordinances of the City of Forest Park and the State of Ohio. It is a rewarding career in a progressive Police Department. The department is anticipating hiring up to three police officers through this process.
Area Information: Located in Hamilton County, about 10 miles north of Cincinnati, the City of Forest Park is home to a diverse population of 21,000 residents.
The Forest Park Police Department is currently hiring for Police Officers. The City anticipates hiring up to six Officers. All candidates are required to complete the FrontLine National exam and the Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ).
- Age: Must be 21 at the time of hire.
- Citizenship Required: Yes.
- High School Grad/GED: Yes.
- Valid OHIO Driver’s License: Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes.
- Prior Experience: Not required.
- Additional Requirements: The testing process will consist of a written examination and a physical agility test. To take the physical agility test, you must pass NTN exams. The physical agility test is pass/fail.
Compensation & Benefits
- The City of Forest Park offers an excellent benefits package, including health/prescription coverage, life insurance, paid vacation, sick, and personal leave.
- The City of Forest Park participates in the Ohio Police & Fire Pension Fund.
- Twelve full paid holidays and one personal day per year.
- Longevity pay begins at year five at $1,100/yr. and increases each year to a maximum of $3,100/yr.
- Uniform allowance of $900/yr. paid directly to you.
- Academy (if non-certified): $63,389.54
- Starting annual salary with certification: $73,292.92
- Top out salary in the fourth year (2025): $93,560.90
- Top out salary in the fourth year (2023): $89,052.75
To apply, applicants must complete the National Testing Network’s registration and application process, Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ). Please proceed to the National Testing Network’s website for further details, including testing information.
Completion of the entry-level testing process through the National Testing Network that meets the minimum passing score, board interview(s), physical agility test, background investigation, polygraph, psychological/personality test, physical and drug screen.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: