The Seven Hills Academic Readiness Program not only offers summer classes, but scholarships for students to attend in the Fall.
The Seven Hills School, a pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade private school with campuses in Madisonville and Walnut Hills, has recently launched the Seven Hills Academic Readiness Program (SHARP), which is designed to help ensure that private school educational opportunities are available, inclusive, and welcoming to all.
Seven Hills’ Summertime Academic Readiness Program, called SHARP Summer, is a two-week session designed to provide interested students with opportunities to learn about and sample some of the academic and extracurricular programs from the school. SHARP Summer will include both academic refresher classes and preparation for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam), an entrance test taken by applicants for grades 5 and above. Project-based learning is a central feature of SHARP Summer.
The Seven Hills Academic Readiness Program, offered during the fall/early winter, known as SHARP School Year, provides interested students useful information to help them successfully navigate the ISEE, as well as providing hands-on learning opportunities for students who are considering pursuing an education at a Cincinnati area private school.
Here is what you need to know before you apply:
- SHARP Summer applications are being accepted now through July 9. The two-week SHARP Summer program will run from July 23-27 and July 30-August 3rd, 2018, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. daily.
- The cost for SHARP Summer is $175. This fee includes lunch, snacks, and materials.
- Before and after care is available.
- Both Seven Hills campuses are accessible by the Cincinnati Metro. During the school year, the school has a student shuttle that connects the Hillsdale and Doherty campuses before and after school.
- Both SHARP Summer and SHARP School Year take place on the Hillsdale campus, 5400 Red Bank Road, in Madisonville.
- As for those who attend Seven Hills School, partial scholarships, both need- and merit-based, are available to SHARP Summer participants. SHARP participants who apply to Seven Hills will be eligible to apply for financial aid, including scholarship funding set aside for SHARP alums.
In both SHARP Summer and SHARP School Year, SHARP participants will meet current students and parents, faculty, coaches, and alums.
The Seven Hills School is an independent school that serves students PreK-12. Seven Hills has two campuses, one in Madisonville and one in Walnut Hills. Average class sizes schoolwide is 15 students, with a 9:1 student-teacher ratio. Students of color comprise 34% of the Seven Hills population. Seven Hills students hail from more than 60 zip codes in the greater Cincinnati area.
We have championship caliber athletic facilities and will open a new performing arts center in the spring of 2019. 80% of our students participate in athletics. The Upper and Middle Schools feature more than 40 extracurricular clubs and organizations, ranging in focus from Mock Trial to community service to Science Olympiad to chess to vintage computer games.
To learn more about SHARP, contact Meredith Brown, SHARP Coordinator, at 513-728-2454 or at Meredith.Brown@7hills.org.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize and create opportunities for African Americans in the region. Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Facebook for local news, events, job postings, scholarships and a database of local Black-owned businesses.