The Seven Hills Academic Readiness Program is now accepting students for their Fall course.
Is your child not thriving in their current school environment? Looking for a better educational fit? Would benefit from a smaller classroom environment? Private-school education for pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade may not be as far out-of-the-question as you think.
The Seven Hills School, a pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade private school with campuses in Madisonville and Walnut Hills, welcomes interested students to apply for the Seven Hills Academic Readiness Program (SHARP), which is designed to help ensure that private school educational opportunities, 5th t0 8th grade, are available, inclusive and welcoming to all.
SHARP School Year, offered annually during the fall and early winter, begins Thursday, November 29, 2018. Our school year session provides two structures: one for students who have not yet taken the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam), an entrance test taken by applicants for fifth grade and above, and one for students who already have or may be in the process of applying for admission to Seven Hills for the 2019-2020 school year.
The Seven Hills School Academic Readiness Program Checklist
Complete an Academic Readiness Program
Prepare to take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam, grades 5 and up)
Learn about admissions, including grants and scholarships
SHARP School Year features hands-on learning opportunities for all its students in areas ranging from language arts and writing to math and science to social studies and geography to world language. Students who have not yet taken the ISEE will also participate in test preparation sessions to help them feel comfortable and confident as they approach this test.
Students who have already taken the ISEE this fall will receive additional academic enrichment instead of entrance test preparation. Also, during SHARP School Year student sessions, we offer programming and networking opportunities for SHARP families as well.
Here is what you need to know before you apply:
- SHARP School Year applications are being accepted now through November 15. SHARP School Year will run Thursday evenings 6:15 p.m. – 8 p.m. November 29 through January 31, 2019. (There will be no school on December 27 & January 3).
- The cost for SHARP School Year is $95. This fee includes snacks and materials.
- SHARP School Year takes place on the Hillsdale campus, 5400 Red Bank Road, in Madisonville.
- All SHARP students have access to fee waivers for the ISEE test and the Seven Hills admissions process. SHARP participants who apply to Seven Hills will be eligible to apply for tuition assistance, including scholarship funding set aside for SHARP participants.
- Both Seven Hills campuses are accessible by the Cincinnati Metro. During the school year, the school has a student shuttle that connects the Hillsdale and Doherty campuses before and after school.
- The Seven Hills Academic Readiness Program has two sessions each year, SHARP School Year (November-January) and SHARP Summer (late July – early August). In both SHARP Summer and SHARP School Year, SHARP participants will meet current students and parents, faculty, coaches, and alums.
The Seven Hills School is an independent school that serves students PreK-12. Seven Hills has two campuses, one in Madisonville and one in Walnut Hills. Average class sizes schoolwide is 15 students, with a 9:1 student-teacher ratio. Students of color comprise 34% of the Seven Hills population. Seven Hills students hail from more than 60 zip codes in the greater Cincinnati area.
We have championship caliber athletic facilities and will open a new performing arts center in the spring of 2019. 80% of our students participate in athletics. The Upper and Middle Schools feature more than 40 extracurricular clubs and organizations, ranging in focus from Mock Trial to community service to Science Olympiad to anime to sports broadcasting.
To learn more about SHARP, contact Meredith Brown, SHARP Coordinator, at 513-728-2454 or at Meredith.Brown@7hills.org.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize and create opportunities for African Americans in the region. Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Facebook or text VOBC to 797979 for local news, events, job postings, scholarships and a database of local Black-owned businesses.