Seven Hills School is now accepting students for their Academic Readiness Program designed to ensure that private education is available, inclusive and welcoming.
Is your child struggling in their current school environment? Looking for a different education choice? Would benefit from a smaller classroom environment? Private school education may not be as far out-of-the-question as you think.
Seven Hills is a pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade private school with campuses in Madisonville (Pre-K to grade 12) and Walnut Hills (Pre-K to grade 5).
Registration is now open for the Seven Hills Academic Readiness Program (SHARP), a two-week summer camp designed to help curious, eager learners seeking academic challenges explore private school educational opportunities.
The SHARP program is open to area students who will be in grades 5 through 9in the 2020-21 school year. The 2020 summer session will run weekdays from July 27-Aug. 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
Following social distancing and other COVID-19-related safety protocols, students who attend SHARP Summer 2020 will share these experiences:
- Meet current students and alumni
- Fun and challenging hands-on learning activities across subject areas
- Participate in arts and athletics programs
- Understand the principles of the Independent School Entrance Examination [ISEE]
- Learn about scholarship and financial aid options at Seven Hills School
SHARP Summer Camp will look a little different this year, as we reorganize our activities and student groupings in the interest of safety. Still, students will find the same academic enrichment and fun. Elements of this summer’s program that have been adjusted to follow COVID-19 protocols include:
- Following social distancing and capacity protocols per classroom
- Students must bring a packed lunch
SHARP Summer Camp Participation:
- Located at the Seven Hills School Campus at 5400 Red Bank Road in Madisonville
- Cost is $200 for the two-week program (materials included). Partial scholarships are available.
- Registration is open through July 1
- Students may arrive as early as 8:45 a.m. and can stay as late at 3:15 p.m. each day. Families in need of may inquire about availability.
To learn more about SHARP, contact Meredith Brown, SHARP Coordinator, at 513-728-2454 or Meredith.Brown@7hills.org.
Looking ahead, Seven Hills SHARP also has a School Year session. This session meets once weekly from late November through the end of January. Details about SHARP School Year for 2020-21 will be available in the fall.
The Seven Hills School is private school that offers education choice for elementary school, junior high school and high school. Seven Hills has two campuses – one in Madisonville and one in Walnut Hills.
Average class sizes schoolwide is 15 students, with a 9:1 student-teacher ratio. Seven Hills students hail from more than 60 zip codes in the greater Cincinnati area, and students of color comprise 34% of the school’s population. Students at Seven Hills experience a fulfilling and enriching learning environment.
The Seven Hills School has championship-caliber athletic facilities and a new Schiff Performing Arts Center. About 80% of students participate in athletics. The Upper and Middle Schools feature more than 40 extracurricular clubs and organizations, ranging in focus from Mock Trial to community service to Science Olympiad to anime to sports broadcasting.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize and create opportunities for African Americans in the region. Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Facebook or text VOBC to 797979 for local news, events, job postings, scholarships and a database of local Black-owned businesses.