Have you lost your job due to COVID-19?
Get paid while you prepare and search for your new job!
Residents of Hamilton County who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19 might be eligible to participate in a Rapid Re-Employment Program that pays you while you prepare and search for your next career opportunity. This Cincinnati job search program is available to youth, seniors, returning citizens, the disabled and those with any other barrier to employment!
Rapid Re-Employment Program Job Search Assistance:
- Write or revise your resume
- Identify your skills that can be easily transferred to living wage in-demand jobs in the greater Cincinnati area
- Develop and practice your interview skills
- Enhance your soft skills
- Practice your problem-solving and networking skills
- Guide your online job search
- Register you for virtual career fairs
- Introduce you to local employers with immediate job openings
Rapid Re-Employment Program Participation:
- Job search assistance is virtual or in-person as necessary (access to technology is required)
- Payment up to $12 per hour to clients’ while undertaking Rapid Re-Employment job readiness sessions
- A stipend of up to $1,500 for a car down payment if transportation to and from work is needed
- A stipend for childcare will be available for up to $1,500 perâ¯child (if the child or childrenâ¯areâ¯notâ¯Headâ¯Start-eligible)
- A subsidy forâ¯out-of-pocketâ¯job readiness materials
Rapid Re-Employment Program Eligibility Requirements:
- A resident of Hamilton County
- Interested in job search assistance for full- or part-time employment
- COVID-19-relatedâ¯qualification, such as layoff/furlough, reduced hours, self-employment reduction or a rescinded job offer
- HS Diploma or GED
- Household income within 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
1/person $25,520 annually or $2126 monthly
2/members $34,480 annually or $2873 monthly
3/members $43,400 annually or $3616 monthly
4/members $52,400 annually or $4366 monthly
5/members $61,360 annually or $5113 monthly
6/members $70,320 annually or $5860 monthly
7/members $79,280 annually or $6606 monthly
8/members $88,240 annually or $7353 monthly
Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Rapid Re-Employment Program provides wrap-around, fast-track job readiness and holistic career coaching. Career coaches start by assessing clientsâ skills and experience, emphasizing tangible and intangible barriers to employment, re-entry into the workforce and continued employment.
Career coaches provide individualized assistance for resume development, interviewing skills, job leads, soft skills, and professional attire.â¯ Also, clients will receive strategic career planning to set and achieve long-term career goals.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group and text VOBC to 797979.