The Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is assisting families and individuals with a household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines who have fallen behind on the bills at their primary residences.
Direct payments are made to landlords, banks, and water/sewer companies on behalf of the applicants, and a household can receive assistance in more than one category. Past due amounts from April 1, 2020, might be paid.
- A resident of Hamilton County
- Have been adversely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic (loss of income, illness, food insecurity any other hardship)
- Are past due rent, mortgage, or water/sewer bills at their primary residence
Income Guidelines: (At or below 200% of the FPL for the past 30 days)
1/person $25,520 annually or $2126 monthly
2/members $34,480 annually or $2873 monthly
3/members $43,400 annually or $3616 monthly
4/members $52,400 annually or $4366 monthly
5/members $61,360 annually or $5113 monthly
6/members $70,320 annually or $5860 monthly
7/members $79,280 annually or $6606 monthly
8/members $88,240 annually or $7353 monthly
Application process requires the following information:
- Names of all household members
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Current or previous address
- Copies of social security cards or verification for each household member
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years or older for the past 30 days (pay stubs, unemployment payments, bank statements). Persons with no income in the past 30 days can self-attest.
- Any supporting documentation to demonstrate a need
- Statement of hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Once your application is submitted, a representative from the Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency will call you for additional information. Please gather these documents to expedite the application process.
For rental or mortgage assistance, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Eviction or past due rent notice. The notice should include the total amount due (including fees)
- If moving to a new location, the justification for the move (i.e., currently homeless, living with another family and not sufficient space, etc.)
- Landlord verification/proof of ownership and agreement to receive funds
- Lease agreement
- Notice of late mortgage payment (including taxes and insurance)
For utility assistance, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Statement showing past due water and sewer bill
- Copy of any other utility bill demonstrating the account has been shut off, is in disconnect status, or is past due
The Community Action Agency provides agencies working with clients in need and meeting the program criteria should email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a voucher to process applications.
About the Ohio Home Relief Program:
The State of Ohio has designated a portion of the CARES funding to help low-income Ohioans who have fallen behind on their rent, mortgage, and water bills through the Ohio Home Relief Grant.
Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is administering the grant in Hamilton County. Families and individuals in Hamilton County, Ohio who have outstanding rent, mortgage, water, and/or sewer bills that date back to April 1, 2020, might be eligible for assistance.
For more information, call 513.569.1840, ext. 4.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 797979.