The Southwest Ohio Region Workforce Investment Board (SWORWIB) is offering the Valiant Career Exploration Program, a free three-week program for participants to discover in-demand living wage careers based on your skills, interests and personal goals. This program is now enrolling Hamilton County residents ages 17-30 for the opportunity to use assessments and coaching to identify your dream and prepare you for career success.
With the help of a professional career coach, Valiant Career Exploration Program participants will complete the following tasks:
- An online career exploration course that assesses your aptitude, skills and interests
- Three 45-minute one-on-one virtual sessions to match your aptitude, skills and interests with in-demand living wage jobs
- Complete training, college, or technical education recommendations with financial aid to skill-up if necessary
- Prepare a resume and submit applications to current in-demand living wage job opportunities in the Greater Cincinnati area that align with your aptitude, skills and interests
- Learn to interview and begin your career
Although the Valiant Career Exploration Program does not require a high school diploma, participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A resident of Hamilton County
- Between the age of 17 to 30
- Unemployed, in a career transition, underemployed or unhappily employed
Persons interested in this life-changing career development program can contact Riley O’Grady at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 296-2555.
What is the SWORWIB/Valiant Partnership?
In partnership, the SWORWIB will deploy the services of our partner, Valiant, to provide a career exploration experience to individuals ages 17 to 30 to navigate their futures and career transitions. Valiant is a new careers service organization that is on a mission to empower the 21st-century workforce of Cincinnati to courageously pursue their lives with greater clarity, passion and success with innovative solutions.
The SWORWIB is a nonprofit organization serving the City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County in workforce development. The SWORWIB is comprised of leaders from business, education, labor, and government, with the majority of the board representing businesses. The SWORWIB sets the vision, policy direction, and performance expectations for the regional workforce development system, funded through the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Valiant helps the 21st-century workforce courageously pursue their lives with greater clarity, passion and success. Valiant is committed to preparing young people for life and career success.
Valiant Career Exploration Program Photo Credit: Adobe
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 797979.