Free Construction Training Programs can jumpstart your career!
Complete an eight-week virtual and in-person construction training program
Receive bi-weekly stipend and support services during the construction training program
Upon graduating from the construction training program, start working in the construction industry or continue to a construction apprenticeship program
The Hamilton County Community Action Agency Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program provides Cincinnatians with free classroom instruction and hands-on work in the field.
Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program
The eight-week virtual course teaches construction trainees entry-level skills that can be used for immediate employment or admission to an accredited construction-related apprenticeship at no cost.
Virtual classes are taught using Zoom, and all performance evaluations will be done in-person with an instructor. Upon completion of the free construction training, on-the-job learning opportunities, career placement assistance and trade school application guidance will be provided.
Blueprint for Success construction training graduates will be qualified for Cincinnati in-demand general labor jobs.
Blueprint for Success construction training graduates can apply for construction apprenticeships and certifications in skilled trades such as HVAC, carpentry, and electrical.
Construction apprentices will attend virtual classes on Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for eight weeks. Students will also receive these intensive supportive services to address barriers to self-sufficiency at no charge:
- Bi-weekly stipend up to $400
- Case management
- Part-time employment search assistance
- Childcare assistance
- Child support matters assistance
- Financial assistance for emergency rent or utility payments
- Assistance finding suitable housing
- Individual or family counseling with an outside professional
- Advocacy addressing legal matters
Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program Eligibility
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Be able to meet physical requirements, including, but not limited to, stooping, crawling into small spaces, standing for extended periods, etc.
- Work in hot or cold temperatures
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Live within the City of Cincinnati
- A valid driver’s license and transportation are not required for the virtual training program, but will be helpful as students enter construction employment
- May not have any criminal offenses related to sexual or children charges
- Must be willing to take a drug test twice while in the program. If a student fails the drug test twice, they are not disqualified. Students must pass the drug test prior to being recommended to partner employers.
Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program Application
For more information, please complete the training general interest form, and a Career Pathways Coordinator will contact you within 48 hours.
Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program Partners
- Allied Construction Industry, Inc.
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Cincinnati State Technical & Community College
- City of Cincinnati
- Greater Cincinnati Microenterprise Initiative, Inc. (GCMI)
- Home Depot
- Homesteading and Urban Rehabilitation Corporation, Inc.
- Messer Construction
- Sigma Capital, Inc.
- FOXX Construction
- HGC Construction
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 797979.