Free Construction Training Programs can jumpstart your career!
Complete a six-week in-person construction training program
Receive bi-weekly stipend and support services during the construction training program
Upon completing the construction training program, you will have the opportunity to interview with local commercial construction companies, start your own residential construction company or continue to a construction apprenticeship program
The Hamilton County Community Action Agency’s Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program provides Cincinnatians with free classroom instruction and hands-on construction work experience and job training.
Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program
The six-week virtual course teaches construction trainees entry-level skills that can be used for immediate employment or admission to an accredited construction-related apprenticeship at no cost. Upon completion of the free construction training, on-the-job learning opportunities, career path placement assistance, and trade school application guidance will be provided.
Blueprint for Success construction pre-apprentices will be qualified for Cincinnati’s in-demand general labor occupations. Blueprint for Success construction trainees can apply for construction apprenticeship training and certifications in highly skilled trades such as HVAC, carpentry, and electrical.
Construction pre-apprentices will attend virtual classes on Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for six weeks. The pre-apprentices will also receive these intensive supportive services to address barriers to self-sufficiency at no charge:
- Bi-weekly stipend up to $500
- Case management
- Childcare assistance
- Financial assistance for emergency rent or utility payments
- Assistance finding suitable housing
- Individual or family counseling with an outside professional
- Advocacy addressing legal matters
Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program Eligibility and Qualifications
- Be 18+ years of age
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to meet physical requirements, including, but not limited to: stooping, crawling into small spaces, standing for long periods of time, etc.
- Work in hot or cold temperatures
- Have a high school diploma/GED
- Live within the City of Cincinnati
Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program Application
For more information, please complete the training general interest form, and a Career Pathways Coordinator will contact you within 48 hours.
Blueprint for Success Cincinnati Construction Training Program Partners
- City of Cincinnati
- Homesteading and Urban Redevelopment Corporation, Inc.
- Allied Construction Industry, Inc.
- Home Depot
- Cincinnati State Technical & Community College
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Great Oaks
- Greater Cincinnati Microenterprise Initiative, Inc. (GCMI)
- Messer Construction
- Triversity, Inc.
- Sigma Capital, Inc.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.