Photo credit: Adobe/ Quality Stock Arts
Free Cincinnati Vocational Training Courses and Certification Program offered by the Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency
- Cincinnati vocational training offers opportunities to explore a variety of career paths, learn technical skills, acquire practical work experiences and earn industry certifications
- Cincinnati vocational training examples are supply chain and logistics, industrial technology, manufacturing technology, health technology, and emergency medicine
- The benefits of vocational training include needed skills for in-demand, living-wage jobs in the Greater Cincinnati Area
- A resident of Hamilton County ages 18 and older with a high school diploma and meet income requirements are eligible to attend free Cincinnati vocational training courses and certification program
Free Cincinnati Vocational Training and Certification Program Description
The Hamilton County Community Action Agency Vocational Certificate Training provides residents with free classroom instruction at Cincinnati State Technical College. Participants will learn with state and nationally recognized curriculums and certified professional instructors.
Vocational training classes have rolling enrollment, may run from 10 weeks to nine months and will be held in person or virtually depending on the field of study. The hours, days and if the classes will be held in person or virtually depends on the field of study. Graduates will qualify for many living-wage, in-demand jobs in the Cincinnati area and across the United States.
Examples of entry-level vocational in-demand, living wage jobs in Greater Cincinnati are as follows:
- Press, Control Room, and Machine Maintenance Operators
- Industrial, Electrical and Maintenance Technicians
- Inventory Associate
- Production Planner
- Assembly Production Member
- Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
- Health, Pharmacy, Emergency Medical and Lab Technicians
- Health Information Specialist
- State Certified Nursing Assistant (STNA)
- Medical Billing and Coding
Free Cincinnati Vocational Training and Certification Program Eligibility Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Live within Hamilton County
- Earn at least a 4 on the work keys pre-enrollment test
- 200% of the Federal Poverty Level or below
Free Cincinnati Vocational Training and Certification Program Support
All participants will receive the following intensive supportive services to address barriers to self-sufficiency at no charge:
- Case management
- Assistance with childcare
- Assistance with child support matters
- Emergency financial assistance for rent or utility payments
- Advocacy addressing legal matters
Free Cincinnati Vocational Training and Certification Program Application
For more information or to apply for the vocational training and certification program, please complete a general interest form, and a Career Pathways Coordinator will contact you within 48 hours.
Free Cincinnati Vocational Training Program Partners
- Cincinnati State Technical & Community College
- Cincinnati Public Schools
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.